- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1-2 small red, pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 TBS bottled reduced-calorie ranch salad dressing
- 10-inch whole wheat, flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Sprinkle chicken strips with chili powder and garlic powder. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and sweet pepper strips in hot skillet over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pepper strips are tender. Drain if necessary. Toss with salad dressing.
Divide chicken and pepper mixture between warmed tortillas. Top with salsa and cheese. Roll up; cut in half.
To warm tortillas: Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in a 350°F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Easy Salsa: In a medium bowl combine
- 2 seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow or green sweet pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- a dash of black pepper
- if desired, a few drops bottled hot pepper sauce.
Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 3 days. Stir before serving. Makes 1 2/3 cups.