- 4 pounds chicken wings, cut into joints, bony wingtips cut off and reserved for stock or discarded; or 3 pounds chicken drumettes/legs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or more if needed
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar pinch of salt
Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Rinse and pat dry the wings/legs.
Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the wings/legs nicely, in batches if necessary, 3 – 5 minutes per side. As they brown, transfer to the cooker.
Lower the heat to medium, and if necessary, and 1-2 teaspoons more oil to the skillet. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 – 4 minutes; stir in the remaining ingredients.
Remove from the heat and pour over the wings; stir the wings to coat evenly. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. If possible, stir gently halfway through cooking with a wooden spoon, pushing the wings on top to the bottom to coat with sauce.